Coverage starts January 1, 2014 for those who have signed up by December 15, 2013.
Open enrollment closes on March 31, 2014.
The Covered California website, www.CoveredCA.com will be the primary tool for delivering information to Californians about their health coverage options. Covered California is a new, easy-to-use marketplace where you and your family may get financial assistance to make coverage more affordable and where you can compare and choose health coverage that best fits your needs and budget. Covered California will offer private health plans that cannot be canceled or denied for a pre-existing medical condition or illness.
Where to apply:
- Online at www.CoveredCA.com
- By phone. Call the Covered California Customer Service Center at 1-800-300-1506 (TTY: 1-888-889-4500). You can call Monday – Friday, 8-6 PM, and Saturday, 8-5 PM.
- In person. Covered California Certified Insurance Agents and Certified Enrollment Counselors are available in your community to provide expert advice and support. Find one by calling 1-800-300-1506 (TTY: 1-888-889-4500), or through www.CoveredCA.com
- By fax. Fax your application to 1-888-329-3700
- By mail. Send application form to:
P.O. Box 989725
West Sacramento, CA 95798-97255
Join us to see how health care reform affects you!
Tues. Oct. 22 at 3:00 pm Monterey: Hyatt Park Lane Medicare Update w/Tamara McKee
Sat. Oct.26 at 10:30 am Monterey: Monterey Public Library Covered California w/Bob Petty
Thurs. Oct. 31 at 11:00 am Marina: Marina Public Library Medicare Update w/Tamara McKee
Sat. Nov 2 at 10:00 am Carmel: Harrison Memorial LibraryCovered California w/ Lauren Miller
Wed. Nov 6 at 2:30 pm Carmel: Carmel Foundation Medicare Update w/ Tamara McKee
Sat. Nov 9 at 3:00 pm Pacific Grove: Jewel Park House Covered California w/Glorietta Rowland
Tues. Nov 12 at 10:30 am Pacific Grove: Sally Griffin Center Medicare Update w/Tamara McKee
Wed. Nov. 20 at 10:00 am Seaside: Oldemeyer Center Medicare Update w/Tamara McKee
Sat. Nov 23 at 3:00 pm Pacific Grove: Jewel Park House Covered California w/Lauren Miller